Advise? Ahhhh not again!

(9 posts)
  1. Budafuko

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 2 2017 1:21:22
    #

Login to Send PM

So I live in a boarding house with Bachelor unit upstairs... The other day I killed a bed bug on one of my housemates callers... Thought it could be a hitchhiker... I just found out the people upstairs have bugs. They just found out... I am a non reactor to the bites... I haven't seen one and I doused the whole downstairs and chemicals all the baseboards everything soon as I found out. Basically I fumigated... I hope they haven't made their way to my bedroom... I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope... I probably been bitten over and over and over every night for the last 2 weeks and not knowing it I'm scared can someone just shoot me in the face and get it over with

2. Budafuko

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 2 2017 12:20:52
    #

Login to Send PM

What would u do to prevent them from spreading to your room in my situation?

3. Budafuko

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 2 2017 22:35:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok so ice fumigate twice with 2 different kind of residual sprays and sprayed the house top to bottom. This included making the people upstairs let me fumigate their apartment twice. And the halls are littered in diatomaceous earth because I can not get these things again. They r already in the house n I'm losing my damn mind

4. Budafuko

newbite

Posted 3 weeks ago
    Mon Oct 2 2017 22:38:05
    #

Login to Send PM

And it's not cheap. Not to mention ontario recently banned Permethrin and I'm stuck using alternatives. The first spray I had was the old stuff so at least there s that

5. Budafuko

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 22:08:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry. Ontario banned propoxur permethrin is the one allowed. Thanks for all the advise guys! Couldn't do it without u! Don't think my spraying has been effective as my neigbour got bit ln and I have 2 itchy bumps on my scalp that could be pimples and eczema on my face that could be eczema... I'm usually a non reactor or bites go away so quick I don't notice them. However I have gotten itchy spots and feel like bugs are always on me. I'm going to end up in the mental ward for burning my house down or worse. All I need is some reassurance that what I've done may be enough. As I said thanks again guys you've been great in letting me talk to myself. I could have spoken to myself without signing up to a 3rd party website.. I've been sitting here going crazy hitting f5 over n over for days. Way to be supportive.. that is what this website is for right?

6. Budafuko

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 22:14:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel like I can't tell my parents because they won't want me around and I feel like I can't tell my kids mother or she won't let me take him. I'm at a loss for everything. Including solutions. Is there something better to use? A place to get ddt? A way to make it? Should I steam my baseboards or will that destroy the residual? If the residual ain't killing the bugs maybe I should just do it. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

7. Budafuko

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 5 2017 22:16:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Should I go around my house with a heat gun on high and methodically heat up every inch of wood minimizing escape routs or even a torch. Yes a torch might work better but more risk of fire. How do I do this. Idc if your idea is dangerous or might kill me. I would rather die than live with the bugs again. Shoot me with your ideas please no matter how far fetched

8. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 6 2017 9:44:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Is there any way your landlord will pay for the treatment? Also you could get a PCO to come check your room and bed to see if the bugs have made their way in. I understand your frustration as I cannot handle living with these bugs. I would absolutely flip if I ever found out we had them again.

But there is no way we can tell you if they got into your home over the internet. I know that much lol. But try get an inspection, some places do it free. Tell your landlord you are concerned that your neighbors are spreading their bug problem. And stop spraying chemicals. That WILL make the bugs spread as they will run from the spray.

You can get some passive monitors to put on your furniture. Also keeping your home clutter free will give any wandering bugs less places to hide. Just keep monitoring and try get treatment for your neighbors. Most of all, relax. I know this situation can drive you mad. Dont try anything with heat and don't spray any more chemicals.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  9. Freaked Fighter

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 6 2017 11:45:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert either but I agree with bugsme, above. Also, next time you see one get a good, clear close-up pic and post it in a new post that says, "Expert ID, please." We have many experts that visit the forum and can tell you for sure if it is a bed bug and, if the pic is clear enough, what type of bedbug it is. You would treat differently a bed bug vs a bird bug, even tho they look very similar. Also, I'm assuming your house is stand alone and not attached to another building. If not let us know back in this post. Keep your story in one place, here, but the experts are quick to pick up an id request.
    I'm so sorry you have to deal with this but this is a great forum.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,621 posts in 43,065 topics over 129 months by 18,896 of 19,457 members. Latest: Bugtimore, Paranoid34, terrifieddd