Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Advice/perspective

(2 posts)
  1. bugsbelongoutside

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 7:57:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am hoping some of you will weigh in on an issue for me. I do not have bed bugs but thanks to a scare about five years ago I have a big fear of them and the financial and emotional havoc that comes with. I am beyond meticulous when traveling and returning, receiving any used toys, and keeping monitors on my bed and couch. My fear is honestly at this point them being brought to me.

I have family who has gotten another bed bug infestation. With their 1st infestation 3 years ago they had the house professionally treated. They came to stay with us a few months after treatment. I was nervous but felt that they had dealt with the issue responsibly. With this new infestation they decided to self treat with DE and store spray. It has been a few months since they saw signs and have asked to visit but I am not confident with their self treating or research. All they do to monitor is place interceptors. They did not treat/do not monitor their couch, where they spend a significant amount of time. Neither reacts to bites.

I do not want to be ridiculous on my end but I am not so comfortable with a visit. Saying so will cause a massive amount of problems. I was told that if they do bring bed bugs here that's the risk of having visitors and they do not want to help pay or anything even though they have the means to. They traveled throughout their infestation without taking many precautions of spreading. This all makes me more weary and a little pissed. So I guess all that to ask: What would you do? Am I being ridiculous?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Dec 1 2017 11:49:31
    #

Login to Send PM

No visit guarantees problems. If they do visit there's only a small chance of a problem.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,806 posts in 43,548 topics over 131 months by 19,076 of 19,668 members. Latest: tireddddddd, bedbugcrazed, HOWDY1