Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

About to lose my mind

(3 posts)
  1. Swampthang

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Nov 6 2017 12:32:28
    #

Login to Send PM

So I have a best friend who recently left a horrible relationship and had to stay with her mom for a few days.. she arrived on a Monday and on Tuesday afternoon came to my house for coffee. On wed night I helped her move so things from her house to her mom's and unfortunately rode in her brothers vehicle who also lives with the mom. Well... the mom has bed bugs apparently pretty bad in some rooms. And I flipped out and so angry bc she didn't want to tell me aND wasn't planning on it but then I saw bites on her. That night I stripped everything off and shook it out before I got into my car then drove to my mom's bc I was in shambles abd stripped all my clothes off on the porch and went and got a shower. The next evening I went home and put matress covers on all beds washed laundry and anything that was laying around like clean clothes covers pillows stuffed animals shoes went in the dryer on high for 80 mins. I then spent from Thursday until Sunday vacuuming evening inch of every room except for closets. I have 2 kids and I'm making both of them sleep with me my fiance works out of town and I'm supposed to have company for thanksgiving and I'm terified I've got bed bugs. I also put so sticky traps around the bed. My older son has a splotchy type rash on his feet and ankles looks like it's on his hands a cheek he also has a low grade fever so I'm praying those aren't bites. And I know what bites look like bc this is a real fear I have I also know some react dif. I also called an extirminator on Thursday also and he said 'I was jumping the gun.' If I wanted to Clean I could but I was probably okay and he said if after a month there's no signs to let it go. In the mean time I'm physically ill and sick over this mess. I'm just here for some very much needed support and if you read all this mess bless you. 😂😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😭

2. HifromChi

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Nov 6 2017 13:30:48
    #

Login to Send PM

You've done all of the right things up to this point and received good advice, just monitor the situation and do thorough checks of the bedding and such, as well as the traps around the legs of the bed, if you don't see anything within a month, you likely dodged the bullet, here's to hoping all remains well for you, and, until they get some bed bug control over at your friend's mom's place, I would avoid having visitors that frequent that location. It's just not worth the risk, thank goodness for Skype!

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Nov 6 2017 13:49:29
    #

Login to Send PM

You moved stuff into a suspected infestation, not out of one. As long as you weren't seated in the mother's house I don't think you're in that bad of a situation. Ease up on buying a buncha products and just monitor at this point.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,669 posts in 43,300 topics over 130 months by 18,985 of 19,564 members. Latest: BBRuth, nonono, Cleothecat