Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug science, "experiments," etc.

A rare one arrived today

(20 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 23 2014 9:04:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

Hold on to your hats until next week. I received a martin bug sample in the post today that is in wonderful condition and worthy of a detailed microscopy documentation. Its a few hours work to get it done properly but the end result should be amazing.

So if you cant wait till after the long weekend I will give you a very sexy long blonde haired bedbug super model to lust over.

Its just a shame I don't have the time to do it today.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 23 2014 9:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I will give you a very sexy long blonde haired bedbug super model to lust over.

Can "sexy," "bedbug" and "lust" even be used in the same sentence . . . much less terms to describe a bed bug?! W.T.H.?!

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 23 2014 9:26:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Ab's,

While I will agree that bedbugs are nasty looking and unpleasant as you will see there is something inherently softer about the appearance of martin bugs and my life may in fact be complete if I were able to find a purple haired one or the chimera between a martin bug and Abi from NCIS.

David

4. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri May 23 2014 17:36:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, I just googled images of martin bugs . . . and they looked exactly like a bed bug! In fact, I would swear some of the images under "martin bugs" are in fact bed bugs! There were a couple that looked a little different in the "head area" (kinda more separated than that of a bed bug's?) . . . but other than one or two of the pictures posted, they looked exactly the same as a bed bug. Therefore . . . I anxiously await the microscopy documentation.

bed-bugscouk - 8 hours ago  » 
    . . . I will give you a very sexy long blonde haired . . . super model to lust over.

Waaaait a minute!! Were you hinting that you might share some of the photographs I sent you?! . . . . hahahaha . . . lighten up people, I'm kidding . . . as the only resemblance I have to the above statement is long blonde hair! (But DC see what good editing can do . . . I can make your words say anything I want them to!) haha!

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 24 2014 2:59:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hairy and interesting, yes.
    Sexy, no.

But do please share the photos!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 24 2014 3:19:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Some think guys with chest hair are sexy; others think hairless chest is sexy.

JustChecking, not a therapist / bug pro
    Please click my user name on the left for these threads:
    (OR go through my thread starter list OR use the search engine)
    --->stress busters --->energy boosters
    --->songs of hope and faith --->help U sleep tonight
  7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun May 25 2014 2:27:42
    #

Login to Send PM

JustChecking - 23 hours ago  » 
    Some think guys with chest hair are sexy; others think hairless chest is sexy.

True, but in my experience, only entomologists and pest pros think insects are sexy.

8. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun May 25 2014 3:36:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Learn something new every once in a while. I thought sexy is used to describe people only.

9. Koebner

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun May 25 2014 3:58:20
    #

Login to Send PM

JustChecking - 16 minutes ago  » I thought sexy is used to describe people only.

Clearly you never saw the Lockheed SR-71.

10. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun May 25 2014 4:07:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh Koebner, I can't take any more stress today. It's kind of embarrassing what happened to me today. I better not disclose it. I will have to wait till after my sleep to google it.

11. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun May 25 2014 16:52:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Koebner - 12 hours ago  » 

JustChecking - 16 minutes ago  » I thought sexy is used to describe people only.

Clearly you never saw the Lockheed SR-71.

A cool-looking jet. I would also use 'fascinating' after watching parts of the documentary. Thanks for the learning experience!

12. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue May 27 2014 14:49:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry I left he camera body at home today but it will be online tomorrow.

I can also attest that most of the design work of Philippe Stark is "sexy". When it comes to non humans its a phrase I used on few items but they have to have that "take your breath away" effect and thus be an object of lust.

While I would not want to own a Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird other than to paint it pink in protest it is a sexy design and once you understand the principles its also cleaver science for those sapiosexuals out there.

David

13. Koebner

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue May 27 2014 18:08:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Tsk, if you paint it pink, the leading edges will melt before you reach top speed. Given that ambient temp behind the leading edges is below -51ºC, whilst the leading edges themselves can be above 538ºC, that Skunk Works black magic paint was doing a lot to keep the gorgeous titanium frame in one piece.

Sapiosexual? Ya got me, but sadly, not exclusively so.

14. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue May 27 2014 18:58:05
    #

Login to Send PM

David's definition of sexy (non humans),

When it comes to non humans its a phrase I used on few items but they have to have that "take your breath away" effect and thus be an object of lust.

That's a good one.

15. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed May 28 2014 14:09:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Here it is:

martinbug by bedbugscouk, on Flickr

More images to follow as the stacker processes them.

David

16. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed May 28 2014 15:55:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

This is the stacker version:

martinbugmacrostacker1 by bedbugscouk, on Flickr

As you can see from the time difference it takes a while and over 30 slightly different focused images to get that "clear all in focus" effect.

Hopefully by sharing the level of subtle difference you cans tart to see why I find martin bugs sexy while bedbugs are not so sexy.

David

17. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed May 28 2014 17:16:19
    #

Login to Send PM

The large image is quite exciting:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/bedbugsuk/14289628431/sizes/k/

I'm still not on the "sexy" bandwagon, but s/he is cute. And very ginger.

18. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed May 28 2014 17:29:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Ah but it is often said "no one loves a ginger", LOL.

David

19. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu May 29 2014 10:28:52
    #

Login to Send PM

And the final in the series a little cheeky over the shoulder number:

martinbugmacrostacker2 by bedbugscouk, on Flickr

The colour is a little artificially "warmed" as I lack LED multi light sources but it is definitely more tan than mahogany and the hairs are more reddish than brown. With enhanced perception this takes on a more symphonic quality and the contrasts create a richer and deeper texture than I get from Cimex lectularius. As such it really jumps out in contrast, which in itself alerts me to the differences.

If anyone wants access to the images without water marks please let me know.

Hopefully I have recruited my team of UK masked crusader to deal with this one when the nests are vacated and I hear rumors of a solution which will allow the client to potential keep the house guests without the unwanted pests. I will be humbled by the professorships and PhD's that have offered to get out of the lab and come to see this one. All previous solutions would have only worked with the exclusion of the house martins and in this case they are as attached to the nests as the nests are to the front of the home. That may seem hard for people to appreciate but they would rather deal with the occasional accidental visitor than to remove their connection to an amazing sight of nature.

David

20. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat May 31 2014 4:03:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I may not say this if I see Martin live, but this little Martin is sure h & s.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

265,567 posts in 43,045 topics over 129 months by 18,887 of 19,446 members. Latest: bugbedder, RDM16, UStraveler1234