Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

A My Wits End With Persistent Evidence Of Bugs

(4 posts)
  1. abugbuffet

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Aug 7 2017 22:12:50
    #

Login to Send PM

This is my first post... so please forgive me if this is repetitive. I promise I tried to look through previous postings before making my own.

My dilemma:

Hubby and I took possession of an apartment March 1st and found bugs soon after. Landlord authorized treatment. We tried heat... but the place is all brick and it absorbed the heat rather than letting the rooms get hot enough, so we tried to steam and spray. That held them off for a little while but they were persistent. After some single spray treatments didnt prove effective, my landlord approved another full treatment.

PCO used hot steam and insecticide every 21 days for 3 treatments. (June 9th-1st, June 30th-2nd, July 21st- final) In the meantime, we did all the supplemental things like hot water laundry and DE carpets... things like that. We have not seen a bug since this treatment started nor have we seen any shed skins, blood stains or fecal matter. Our PCO assured us on our last treatment that we looked free and clear. Literally there is nothing left that would indicate that we have/had bed bugs... with a single exception...

I CONTINUE TO FIND BUG BITES ON MY BODY!

Never on my husband... but always on me! My PCO and everything that I've read says there is a small window of time between bite and visual evidence... so I clung to that hope... however, I spent all of July away from my home on business (and before you suggest it... yes, I was in a bug free place with bug free stuff). From June 28th- July 29th, my arms were bite free! I came home on July 30th, slept in my own bed and lo and behold... I had five bites on my body by Aug 1st!

It is now August 7th and I have been suffering this for FIVE months now! I am tired of being eaten alive! There are no other bugs in this apartment! At the moment, I am covered in some sort of hive/rash breakout in addition to the bug bites (is it possible for the outbreak to be CAUSED by the bug bites?) I don't know what to do any more! There is literally ZERO evidence that there are bugs left in this home but SOMETHING is still biting me! I'm trying to keep my chin up but I'm running out of patience! We've even installed climbing traps and passive alerts in hopes of detection... but there is nothing!

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME? Am I going crazy? I feel like I am literally going insane!

2. Tim m

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Aug 8 2017 3:16:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you own a vehicle? Maybe the vehicle is infested and thats where the bites are coming from. And you just have been getting lucky to not being them back into the home.

3. Livingagain

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Aug 8 2017 10:14:28
    #

Login to Send PM

You could be reacting to treatment chemicals or you might have some stragglers. You should monitor to figure out which it is. Look up monitoring in the FAQ's. Yes, hives, rash can be caused by bites, but also by other things. When you are sensitized by one thing sometimes you start reacting to other things.

Look for evidence bugs, skins or positive testing fecal material, there are tools to use to find. If you do find evidence, some people have success adding Cimexa dust into the treatments they've used, (You can brush around bed legs, even up onto sides of box springs. Look up posts about people using Cimexa.) but you should find evidence first so you know what you're dealing with.

4. abugbuffet

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Aug 8 2017 10:24:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Tim m - 7 hours ago  » 
    Do you own a vehicle? Maybe the vehicle is infested and thats where the bites are coming from. And you just have been getting lucky to not being them back into the home.

Thank you... yes, I did think of that too. We've tried to be extremely careful about what did and didn't get 'contaminated' so while it is possible, I'd like to say unlikely. My husband has a Jeep with zero carpet in it and I had my cars seats and carpet steamed and have been treating with DE and vacuum along with the rest of the house in hopes that a car infestation wouldn't happen. Maybe I'll put some sticker traps in my car just to be safe as well... Hmmmm, something to think about.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

272,407 posts in 44,515 topics over 136 months by 19,518 of 20,198 members. Latest: Amy2018, sleeplessinthebay, Bugsareicky