(9 posts)
  1. yearlongfeast

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Apr 2 2010 15:10:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, so here is my story:

Like many of you, I am infested with these horrible creatures. Last year, I was travelling back and forth from my dorm and my boyfriend's apartment in Somerville, MA. Unknowingly, I put my bags and stuff in his room, which was right beside his friend's room. His friend left for vacation for 3 weeks, and my boyfriend started to get bites. He had no idea what they were, until he did some research and asked his roomie when his roomie came back. His roomie then informed him he's been getting bit for awhile now, and that he didnt tell any of his roomies until my boyfriend started to get bit. Apparently, his roomie had the bugs in his previous apartment and didn't tell his buddies nor I that he was carrying these things.

Pretty messed up, huh?

Well, so that begins my story. I took all of the prevention methods neccesary when I stayed over after, and even got an exterminator to come to my parents place once I moved out of the dorm to make sure nothing was there, so he sprayed down the house. My boyfriend got an exterminator to come to his and his friends place (his landlord paid) and it looked like the infestation was gone.

My boyfriend's roomie left for vacation again a couple of weeks after the treatment, and low and behold, I get bit. Again, his roomie comes back, boyfriend asked him if he was still getting bit before he left, and said he was and didn't tell us.

Therefore, I left my bags in the room AGAIN (yeah, I know...) and brought them back in to my parents place. I had the exterminator come again, and I stopped getting bit for a couple of months.

My boyfriend moved, and brought his bed and furniture along with him, and he sprayed it down and had a cover over it, made sure things were disinfected with rubbing alcohol. He had no sign of infestation for a month or two so....left my bags in the new apartment again, and I got bit at home, again. Another treatment. He started to self treat with DE powder and rubbing alcohol, and I did too after the treatment.

A couple months go by without us getting bit in either dwelling, but then I do (I'm more prone to getting physical signs than he was). So we do more self treatments, everything and anything we can find, but usually stick to DE and rubbing alcohol. DE seemed to work for a long period, but it just eventually spread them to other areas ( so not good in the long run...).

The boyfriend broke up with me a month ago (sad story, but yeah..) and left me with a huge infestation to deal with. I got a K-9 and he located that they are in the walls in my room and parents room, downstairs in the living rooms ( single family house). I hired another PCO that has a higher success rate than the other one, but it costs me thousands so I have no more savings left that I've tried to build up over the past year after graduate school. I can't move out anytime soon, and my parents are fighting constantly over the house being packed in bins for 3 months. I'm getting physical symptoms of the various poisons being put down over the past year (severe headaches, dizziness, throwing up and the other way), and my mom is too.

My mom and I are still getting bit (my dad doesnt show physical bites), and we just got done with the second treatment. My whole house is packed, like I said, and I've already had multiple breakdowns. I worry about everything and feel like a walking disease. On top of it, the ex doesn't even have them anymore, and the jerk won't help me with cleaning or finances. I'm so scared I'm going to give it to others and that all that I'm doing is just for nothing, because I just keep getting bit. I sleep on the floor on a deflated air mattress and have been for 5 months. I miss a bed. I miss stuff being in my room. I just miss having an actual normal life.

I've literally forgotten what a life was without bedbugs.

2. bed buggy hell

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Apr 2 2010 17:10:59
    #

Login to Send PM

that sucks... no pun intended...i feel your pain about a walking desease.....i feel the same way..i really feel like they are everywhere...what did the pco say about the ones in the walls??? what did they suggest? have you looked into thermal? what kind of chemicals are they useing that you are all so sick???

3. buggedout16

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Apr 2 2010 23:44:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so sorry about your situation... the bugs and the jerk ex boyfriend. Hopefully if it seems like this PCO knows what they are doing, now you've had a couple of treatments, things should start to get a lot better soon. But I would see a doctor about all the reactions you and your mom are having to the pesticides... they may be able to help or make suggestions. I also echo the idea of trying thermal or Vikane treatment if they are available in your area; it seems like they work really well for stand-alone housing. They are expensive though- talk it over with your parents and talk about the peace of mind from a one-shot treatment though it is costly; versus the months of living out of boxes and bags and the side effects of chemicals (which can add up to quite a bit of money as well.)

I feel for you. Let us know how things go. Come here if you have questions... this place helps me keep sane sometimes.

4. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Apr 3 2010 11:06:38
    #

Login to Send PM

If I recall correctly there is a thermal provider in your general area--down the Cape to be specific if I'm remembering right.

5. yearlongfeast

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Apr 9 2010 16:10:44
    #

Login to Send PM

sorry I haven't been on, the craziness still insues.

They've fed the poison through the electrical outlets. I asked the exterminator if the chemicals they put down would be make me sick, and of course I'm assuming because of liability issues, they said no. However, considering that those chemicals they've put down on top of the other poisons that have been in the room for awhile (I also self treated with another pesticide), being in the room makes me sick. It's too obvious for that not to be the case: when I'm at work, I tend to feel physically better, but when I'm at home for an extended period of time, I get stomach aches and awful migraine headaches. Same as my mom :/ I went to the doctor, and she said that the poison is definitely a factor.

I've looked in to thermal treatment, but since they are located mostly in the walls now, I think that would just disperse them to another area in the house that's darker and cooler (the basement). And God knows I do not want them there. The bites decreased from last Tues up until last night, when I saw one on my shoulder coming back home. I'm afraid they're in my car now too... I don't think I have much hope for this anymore-seems like every time I do, something comes up and I get even more depressed. Womp womp. So frustrated!! And I really really want to move out in the next few months, but as long as I have these, those plans seem like a dream. Just praying for a miracle. :/

6. seth

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 15 2011 13:39:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Your bed bug story sounds crazy. I would love to speak with you and see if you would be interested in sharing the story for a documentary that is airing on a national network. Please email if you are interested. puja.seth@optomenusa.com

7. jrbtnyc

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 15 2011 14:02:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, others on this forum would like to hear if, hopefully, you've now somehow beat the bugs and can relate a success story.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 15 2011 14:19:36
    #

Login to Send PM

An update would be good.

I also hope the documentary also focuses on the need for education to avoid and early detection rather than the sensational "horror" stories which are often portrayed.

It does appear a little odd that you chose this 10 month old thread to resurrect, I may be wrong but it does appear that you are after sensation over fact. I hope the show proves me wrong though.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Feb 15 2011 17:11:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not sure why TV producers seem to routinely revive old threads or post on threads which are off-topic (both are the case here) rather than posting their requests to a new thread. We've had two separate incidents like this today.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,596 posts in 43,507 topics over 131 months by 19,061 of 19,650 members. Latest: lexie0490, onyva, Ruth989