7 weeks no bugs, then 2 recently dead ones found

(8 posts)
  1. purplebugladee

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 30 2008 0:34:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Just as I thought it was over, I found 2 recently dead, probably just one instar from adult. I debated what to do. My bed is isolated and it seems they've been eating the dog and not my boyfriend or me; they were found right next to her bed on the floor. The DE probably killed them but I knew that meant there were likely more....but where? My last PCO was not aggressive enough, one full treatment and then spot kill anything found alive every 2 weeks with a minimal search effort. So, I know it was likely some BBs persisted when I fired them for refusing to treat the whole house a couple of more times. They refused to treat more than my one room and only part of that....ONCE. I was uninformed then and freaked out by the bedbugs so that's how it panned out. SO, now, the infestation is small and I decided to find a PCO who will be aggressive and just get rid of this already. I interviewed a few, here in upstate NY we don't have PCO's with as much experience as the city. I found a company who did a cleanout, the tech spent 4 hours taking apart my house and flushed out 2 live ones and found many dead ones from my former infestation. His company will now be doing 4 consecutive treatments spaced 1 week apart, then 4 more spaced 2 weeks apart. If they are still here I can extend the contract. This tech actually took everything apart, my bed, the knobs on the dressers, the roller part of the drawer...where he found the 2 live ones....inches from where I found the dead ones and at the head of where my poor dog sleeps! He flipped the sofas over, looked inside and out. He spent 3 hours looking and one hour treating. The next treatments will be shorter but will still have a heavy search component. I feel cheated by the first company but have a good feeling about these guys. The treatment regimen is a bit of overkill for a freestanding house from what I've read but I'd rather have it be overkill and finally over. I am feeling better about the whole thing already. My boyfriend even did his part of the prep work this time without complaining. WE hope it will be over very soon, we really believe it will be.

2. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 30 2008 1:20:00
    #

Login to Send PM

here in upstate NY we don't have PCO's with as much experience as the city

You're kidding, right? You're bragging, aren't you?

Purple, I will take your less experienced but really savvy and amazing PCO over the more experienced but time-compromised PCOs in the city ANY DAY.

Wow, I think this has to work. The tech who took apart your house sounds AWESOME.

3. crawledon

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 30 2008 4:01:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I completely agree! The "well reputed" company my landlord uses spent 10 minutes inspecting my apartment and suggested that I had mosquito bites. Now 3 exterminations later, this is not over. That inspection you had was the most thorough I've ever heard of. Lucky you. Well, as lucky as one can feel in this situation.

4. purplebugladee

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 30 2008 8:19:57
    #

Login to Send PM

You are both right that I lucked out on the inspection process......I was amazed. It just took so many calls, I felt I was running out of possibilities. I was getting nervous I wouldn't find a knowledgeable PCO and then I hit the jackpot. I only hope their follow thru is as good as their initial inspection. Like many others, my credit card is getting a workout. It will be quite a while before I recover from that (but worth getting my life back).

5. bugbasher

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 30 2008 9:15:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Purple, This is one PCO that deserves to be on your xmas card list for life! This is the first time I've heard from anyone that it's getting done right.Thank God,with this approach you will be bedbug free very soon.It's a lot of work to do it right,but this company is awesome.Please be sure to mention them everywhere on the site that deals with recommendations.

6. scaredandstressed

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 30 2008 12:11:02
    #

Login to Send PM

wow that pco sound awesome !! I wish my apartment complex had one like that!

7. BuggedInBoston

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jan 30 2008 20:29:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I am so happy for you, and hope that your hard work pays off!! I am moving to the Syracuse area and have been trying to find a PCO in that area with experience in the BB department, and I am beginning to see how hard it can be to find reliable, knowledgeable companies outside of the hard-hit, big cities like NYC and Boston, (and even to find them in those cities, unfortunately). Anyway, good luck!

8. stephanie76

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sun Nov 12 2017 22:02:04
    #

Login to Send PM

i know that this thread is *nine* years old ... but in case the OP is still reading responses ... who was this magical PCO you found? i'd love to call them!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,823 posts in 43,336 topics over 131 months by 18,998 of 19,574 members. Latest: minicooper78, bmprg, syedz7