Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

50 days and counting - anxiety escalating

(9 posts)
  1. Bedbugmom41

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 18:02:25
    #

Login to Send PM

We are now 50 days post 2nd treatment, 41 days post seeing dead bedbugs, 50 days post seeing live bedbugs and 68 days without bites.
    However my anxiety seems to be growing as the 60th day post treatment approaches. I feel I will be defenceless once the residual chemical will stop being effective. I know there has been no trace of bug or infestation in a long time but my brain is refusing to register the info.
    Any tips on dealing with anxiety so I can enjoy my (fingers crossed) bed bug free life again?

2. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 18:08:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Have you set up passive monitors? That helped me when I moved and was afraid I brought them.

No signs is good, since if they were still about, you would likely be seeing dead ones. As much as some may want a repellant, there isn't a reliable one... but that's good! It means, if the bbs want to feed, they *will* cross the poison to do so, unknowingly.

Basically, I think no bites = no bugs crossing poison = no bugs trying to feed. But monitoring is good to calm nerves.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  3. Bedbugmom41

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 18:12:38
    #

Login to Send PM

ClimbUp interceptors were place after the 2nd treatment. Never saw anything in them.

4. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 18:24:11
    #

Login to Send PM

That's a good sign! On-bed monitors like the Packtite passive are useful too. Just different monitoring styles.

I recently had a panic relapse and invested in a Bed Bug Beacon. Had to sleep elsewhere (temporarilly, just a few nights, but not enough to encourage spreading) while the CO2 lure works, but it gave me great peace when it only caught a fruit fly in the trap. I am now a big fan of multi-prong monitoring.

5. Bedbugmom41

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 18:35:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I think passive monitors have become a staple on many shopping list for the rest of our lives.
    Regardless of the bedbugs being gone, I'm excited that I will be getting a PackTite for Christmas.
    How life has changed!

6. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 18:44:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I will never not have passives on my furniture! And I love my Packtite SC. I use it after traveling and it keeps me feeling secure.

7. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 19:02:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't have much to add that hasn't been said already except that I think you'll be ok post 60-days! The residual won't be 100% for 60 days then suddenly drop off to useless, so by this point, it's already weakening, and things are still going well!! Just continue with good practices (I think all of us will prob follow our 'new methods' of cleaning, searching, and laundry for ever!), and keep monitoring. And most of all, good luck!!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  8. Bedbugmom41

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 19:35:52
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 30 minutes ago  » 
    I don't have much to add that hasn't been said already except that I think you'll be ok post 60-days! The residual won't be 100% for 60 days then suddenly drop off to useless, so by this point, it's already weakening, and things are still going well!! Just continue with good practices (I think all of us will prob follow our 'new methods' of cleaning, searching, and laundry for ever!), and keep monitoring. And most of all, good luck!!

Thank you!
    I'm a logical person. But somehow I have an image in my mind that on the 61st day, thousands of bugs will come crawling out of hiding 😅
    I know it's crazy but I can't help it.
    For sure preventive measures and monitoring will stick with me forever...

9. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Sep 12 2017 19:43:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbugmom41 - 6 minutes ago  » 

psychologically_messed_up - 30 minutes ago  » 

Thank you!
    I'm a logical person. But somehow I have an image in my mind that on the 61st day, thousands of bugs will come crawling out of hiding 😅
    I know it's crazy but I can't help it.
    For sure preventive measures and monitoring will stick with me forever...

No worries… The only reason I'm able to think logically is because it's not me. If I was coming up on day 60 of a 60 day residual spray, I would be posting the exact same thing. I'm in the medical field, and when my children get a splinter, I don't know what to do for them. I'm too emotionally involved… And I would be the same way no matter what! That said, I'm super excited for you to be 2 months (give or take) beyond bite and bugs! I imagine that's a pretty incredible feeling!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

266,818 posts in 43,334 topics over 131 months by 18,996 of 19,572 members. Latest: April13Hincher, Bedbughell99, minicooper78