(4 posts)
  1. JakeinChi20

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 10:17:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all,

About 5 months ago, Rose Pest Control treated my apartment for a small infestation. I never really saw any signs but did find two dead specimens to show the PCO. After that, it was the 3x treatment plus drying and bagging clothes. In total, I only ever found/saw 3 bedbugs, of which they were all dead, and no other signs or fecal marks. I have seen no signs for 5 months until this morning.

I found a dead specimen, maybe 2nd or 3rd instar, relatively close to my apartment entryway. I haven't seen anything in the pitfall traps on my bed and no other signs of them. I looked around the apartment after spotting this one and have found nothing. Then again, other than a few specimens 5 months ago, I had no other signs then either.

Is there a chance this one just hitchhike in? I realize it could be from a neighbor, but it seems odd that they'd go 5 months and then decide to come back to my unit.

Is there anything I should do to make sure they don't come back? Should I dust near my apartment door? Are there any sprays that actually provide a residual effect? Any advice would be appreciated. I don't want them back!

Thanks!

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 10:44:41
    #

Login to Send PM

There was a study that showed that dusts around the perimeter of an apartment can decrease spreading. Frustrating situation. Try that, and keep checking and being vigilant.

3. JakeinChi20

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 18:57:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll go ahead and try dusting. I did a more thorough look through my apartment after work and found no other specimens or signs. Hopefully just a lone hitchhiker (still not convinced I ever actually had an infestation, but hard to get a condo building to force the neighbors to do anything if they're the source).

If I were to spray down temprid sc, would that provide more or a lasting effect on the perimeter? Don't want to overstep my abilities, but just thinking what would help the longest.

Thank you!

4. Bugsadness

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Sep 11 2017 21:27:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, no telling where the dead one came from and how long it's been dead--could be an old guy from 5 months ago. I'd say dust and keep checking your monitors once a week.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

264,051 posts in 42,687 topics over 129 months by 18,734 of 19,281 members. Latest: Vincent601, bedbug, Why2Us