3rd treatment question

(3 posts)
  1. stardog32

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 10:40:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Me again.

So I got the PCO to come out for a 3rd treatment in 2 days.

---I asked about prep work, they said nothing special was needed. They said it wasn't even necessary to wash bedding. The idea is for any possible live ones to fall off bedding and die from treatment. Does this make sense to anyone?

---They also said for retreatments they don't usually take as long because they inspect and treat as needed. I don't like this because if THEY don't see any bugs then what will they treat?

---Also, I asked about treating mattresses with encasements on. They said they prefer to treat the mattress. I don't want to risk tearing the encasements like I did last time. When that happened I just put another set of encasements over the ones that tore.

Can someone please please please let me know what you think about the 3 statements above?

2. stardog32

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 10:42:20
    #

Login to Send PM

As far as my wanting to leave encasements on, it's not because I just don't feel like taking them off, I was thinking that they are going to stay on forever so why not just treat the encasements?

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Apr 17 2017 11:37:22
    #

Login to Send PM

A) They may be relying on a residual chemical. Retreats, depending on the case can be much less invasive and may not require the prep work of the initial treatment.

B)The first treatment can be longer than others; it's a new case so a thorough treatment is required. Again, if they are using a residual chemical this inspection may not be as in depth. They also know the problem areas from the first treatment which can be a time saver.

C)That's something you'll want to work out with your PCO. If they treat the mattress then there is less of a concern of tearing the encasement and exposing yourself to any live bed bugs trapped inside.

HVAC/Locksmith/Bed Bug Control for a non-profit homeless shelter and long term veteran housing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

267,907 posts in 43,570 topics over 131 months by 19,081 of 19,674 members. Latest: sircoolkeen, skale, Renee