(12 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 18 2013 12:09:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

A few of you may recall that around this lite last year I was not online much because I was dealing with a project from hell.

The hotel had been subject to treatment programs from a variety of commercial providers including multiple chemical attacks, thermal and K9.

When we got involved the building was 100% infested and looking like it needed a radical solution.

Two weeks later and without the use of chemicals we handed the procedural manual over to our client declaring the issue resolved and the system installed.

The 12 month QC shows that it remained clear some a few months and then a few introduction events occurred but nothing that reached the previous state. Although some staff education and reinforcement is needed to keep the system fully maintained they are certainly sailing in calmer waters than they were last year.

We also had to intervene to resolve an issue where someone wanted to claim compensation because of bedbugs during a visit when in fact the hotel room was clear at the time. It seems from their blog that they make a habit of staying at places with bedbugs which is presumably how they manage to fund all the expensive designer clothes and luggage they claimed were ruined (its not a 5 or 4 star location making such clothes stand out to say the least).

However it does rather illustrate that being ProActive does result in less hassle when an introduction does occur and it makes a nice testimonial for the day hotels are ready to openly discuss solutions they use.

Its nice to have some good news to tail out the year with.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose that I am the patent holder of the technology that provides their solution.

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 18 2013 13:21:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Fantastic! Great news for you and your Client!!

3. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 18 2013 14:34:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Amazing work! I to cleared an infested building yesterday. And the day before, and that, and that, and that, and I'll be doing another one tomorrow and Friday. Today I'm doing office work.

I managed to do this with all the resources available to me here in the US. I've been doing it each and every day for like past 9 years or so.

You should read over the section on the site with regard to advertising, as I don't see this as anything but. I read it twice and I can't seem to find where this information benefits the people on the board.

Should every pest professional discuss their daily work routine here and label it as informative or helpful. It doesn't require an answer because I'm not the type to go back and forth with you. I've seen too many useful professionals leave this site over the last 5 years because of your relentless bickering.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 18 2013 14:38:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing and well done for taking the path you have chosen.

Relentless bickering you say, I will have to review my posting history and get back to you on that one.

I believe the appropriate phrase is "have a nice day".

David

5. pesticide_victim

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 18 2013 17:27:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Earlier I had to stay at an inn for a week as I hoped to find a place to live in another city. After finding a huge questionable stain on the mattress, I requested to switch to another room. After walking into another room, I immediately could smell pesticide. Once again, I requested to switch room. I inspected the bed and found something that looked like a tiny dead bug. The front desk person told me it's lint. I highly doubted that's lint. My request of switching to another room got turned down because there's no other vacant room. It had been a long day and I was so exhausted. No refund. It wasn't cheap (about $90 something dollars per night) but the other places in the city cost more.

That first evening, after I went to the grocery store, I smelled pesticide when I came back to my room. The inn personnel must have came up to my room to spray pesticide while I was out. Due to bad weather and lace of vehicle, I stayed in my room for many hours to hunt for apartments. Although I am o.k. today, that doesn't mean the chemical spraying isn't killing me slowly.

It would be awesome if David's "green" approach, etc., could influence world wide so that people wouldn't pick up a can of Raid or similar chemical spraying product to take the easy way out and not think about the damaging consequences.

I support you, David. If you have ways to improve or deal with the bed bug situation for good, age is irrelevant. What we need is a brilliant mind who is not afraid of stepping out of comfort zone to fight for the wellbeing and pocketbook of the people as well as the environment.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 18 2013 18:57:00
    #

Login to Send PM

David and KillerQueen,

My Assessment of this thread is that it doesn't violate the forum rules about advertising.

I think it would be fair to say that the regular pros who post here have all had their day in terms of saying they're great at what they do (directly or more obliquely). That includes David, Paul Bello and John Furman (KillerQueen) also -- although KQ may not have done this recently. It is a form of promotion but is not the same as "if you want to get rid of your problem call me/buy my product," which would be a violation of advertising rules, and I don't see that in this particular thread, though I do hope readers will draw my attention to any concerns about other threads by clicking the "report this post" link at the right of any post which violates the rules.

It could be said that KillerQueen's post here may be violating the rule of civility, but that said, I don't see KQ as starting a conversation here so much as responding to other recent threads in which David has seemed to suggest his methods are superior to those in use in the US by experts like Paul and KQ.

I hope that everyone will give it a rest.

Here's what helps forum users: sharing your expertise about what works for you. Identifying photos. Offering suggestions. It helps when all the experts here do this.

Here's what does not help: going off in a huff, attacking other pros directly or indirectly, or suggesting other experts are part of some grand conspiracy. (See, I'm talking to both John and David here.)

You don't all need to link arms and dance around a Maypole, but put the rocks down.

I don't have a horse in the race, and I do have enormous respect for both of you, but I really don't think this is helping anyone.

I'm trying to keep the forums a helpful resource for the people who need it. I welcome suggestions on how to do that. However, you have to admit that bickering and sniping and getting mad and going away are not helping.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 18 2013 20:13:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I had thought reading several recent posts that the experts were doing a great job of discussing two sides of an issue (i.e. Nuvan strips). I agree with Nobugs.

When I first read David's post, I thought, "it gives people hope that have a multifamily property, a student dorm, etc".

After reading KQs post, I found this one from KQ. I remember it because I thought, "How awesome, here is a a professional who can really help New York multifamily units...he must be a hero to them". As an uneducated nonexpert, I thought it was nice...just like David's. I've also thought most of the experts can be very passionate and sometimes confrontational if there is a difference of opinion. It's probably because they believe in what they do, they want to do the best job possible, they are doing this to help people, etc. I'm not defending David. Sometimes, I do, but not this time (just staying in the middle). I can see how KQ could interpret it that way, but I agree with Nobugs, and I personally found value in it.

KillerQueen - 10 months ago  » 
    They should have called me. I'm working in a building literally right around the block. 26 units with bed bugs in a 48 unit building. Failed treatments for the past 5 years by multiple companies. Nobody has found a bug or evidence since we've been in there. Building got the all clear by us as of yesterday.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  8. pesticide_victim

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 18 2013 21:13:53
    #

Login to Send PM

W A K E U P, W A K E U P, people!!

It is very important to learn and follow the "green" approach rather than continue spraying toxic chemicals for these reasons among others:

1. People tend to over apply pesticide because they want to gain maximum results.

2. Many places such as workplaces, department stores, and inns/hotels may have been using the toxic way to get rid of bugs. Is it a good idea for us to absorb these toxicities? People need to know there is a better, safer option that works successfully. We need to learn not to automatically pick up a can of chemical spraying product. What your great, great grandparents, grandparents, parents did do not mean they are effective and good for you.

To stay healthy, get rid of bed bugs, have a balanced budget, and live in an environmentally friendly world, we need to think, re-educate and take action .

9. RaccoonEyes

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 18 2013 23:01:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme just literally posted what pretty much says "Everyone has their own way of doing things." I had just posted something similar to this just yesterday how both posters are greatly respected and appreciated and it was ignored while the argument continued. One other poster did try to intervene and share his appreciation as well.

And now in this thread it is turning into a matter of who is on whose side not even one post after Nobugsonme post- and arguing will get no one anywhere. It is fine if you agree whether you choose pesticides or pesticide free treatments or what have you.
    The point is don't undermine what others have to say about how they go about doing things. Everyone has different experiences with different situations but don't waste time arguing over what people can read and consider for themselves if it applies to them.

10. RaccoonEyes

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Dec 18 2013 23:06:54
    #

Login to Send PM

PS Congratulations David on the successful treatment. Those people who purposely stay in places with bed bugs should be thrown in a room completely infested and not be allowed out for 7 months that way they can see what circumstances they may have/or will cause in the future for people who may have been infested afterwards thanks to them.

11. pesticide_victim

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Dec 19 2013 2:47:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Experts have their opinions. Non-experts can also have their opinions on this forum. This is called balance. I live in a country that's supposed to be free including freedom of speech. I don't think I was impolite. I took my stand and provided my reasons.

I think people need to think ahead. If you are not a pesticide victim today, can you guarantee you are not one (voluntarily or not) in the future? Can you imagine how much pesticide you can absorb (from your neighbors and other public places)? Remember, people tend to overdo it to be safe. Ask yourself honestly.

Do not stay in a rut. Change with times and needs. Be adaptable. Move ahead to get good quality results. Be courageous.

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Dec 19 2013 3:05:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Everyone, please direct further discussion of the site dynamics here.

pesticide_victim,
    You also posted your second message above to another thread and it was deleted. Please don't cross post.
    Also, I note you seem to have two accounts. Please email me about this issue so we can find a resolution.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,684 posts in 49,527 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982