Bedbugger in the Press
Bedbugger.com has been featured in the online and print media. Here are some examples:
- The Journal-Sentinel (Milwaukee, Wisconsin) suggested Bedbugger as a resource in its article “Homeowners turning to do-it-yourself bedbug remedies” (9/2013).
- MainStreet.com’s “9 Tips to Help Travelers Beat Bed Bugs” (4/29/2011) said,
“The first step in protecting yourself is to do some basic research before you travel. Know what bedbugs and their telltale signs look like. A good first stop is a website like bedbugger.com, which has photos and great descriptions of what to look for.”
- KQED recommended us as a resource in its article “5 DIY Tricks to Squash Bed Bugs” (11/2/2010):
- Good Morning America included us in its resources (accompanying their 8/15/2010 story on bed bugs), saying,
“Click HERE to go to bedbugger.com for the latest news about bedbug infestation, prevention and eradication, as well as about public health policy regarding combating the pests.”
- MSNBC featured the Discovery News video below on its website; the video features screenshots of Bedbugger.com (7/20/2010).
- CBS Moneywatch sent readers here to find photos of bed bugs and other information (07/02/2010).
- Nightline (ABC) pointed readers to us in an article, and in their video, flashed a screenshot of NotSoSnug’s amazing masthead (4/29/2010).
- Discovery News featured Bedbugger.com in this video on bed bugs (5/18/2010):
- Sharpe Session, the AARP blog, called us a “fun bedbug blog!” (3/2010)
- Penelope Green, in the New York Times (3/11/2010), called Bedbugger.com “a Baedeker for treatment and a group memoir.”
- Lisa Lupo’s “Who you gonna call?” in the April 2009 issue (p.100) of Pest Control Technology (PCT) mentioned us among the online bed bug resources in the sidebar.
- Apartment Therapy DC sent readers to Bedbugger (March 31, 2009).
- NBC news pointed viewers to Bedbugger for more information on bed bugs; article no longer available on NBC website (Mar. 17, 2009).
- The Seattle Examiner directed readers to Bedbugger for more information on bed bugs (Jan. 8, 2009), saying:
“For more info: No surprise that there’s a website called bedbugger.com. It has a lot of good information, including treatment of bedbug bites and how to kill bedbugs. Also a lot of icky photos of actual bedbug bites.”
- The National Pest Management Association mentioned us under “Resources” in their Jan/Feb 2009 article “NPMA Library Update: Bed Bugs are Back!” (available only to NPMA members):
A Popular Web Site — bedbugger.com
Your customers have probably seen this; you should too. This blog reports cases of bed bug occurrences almost daily. Bed bug
registries for various cities and commercial establishments listed.
(Also included, a screenshot of the site.)
- WZZM News 13 in Grand Rapids, MI recommended us “for more information” (Sept. 24, 2008).
- The eCollege Times [article no longer online as of 2013] directed readers to us (Sept. 18, 2008).
- Gothamist, the Voice’s Runnin’ Scared, and the New York Times City Room blogs all picked up an item we posted (Aug. 26, 2008).
- The Village Voice blog Runnin’ Scared called us “invaluable,” (Aug. 11, 2008).
- The iTV Meridian and Thames Valley local blog directed readers to us (August 7, 2008).
- BudgetTravel.com referred readers to us in this article on pending bed bug legislation (July 21, 2008) .
- Filmmaker and artist Nina Paley (creator of the amazing Sita Sings the Blues) mentioned “reading Bedbugger.com” as among the many activities she was consumed with in her blog post “A Very Bad Time” (7/2008).
- U.S. News told readers “If you’re looking for tips and advice for taking on bedbugs, the blog bedbugger.com is rich with them” (May 8, 2008).
- Carmela Fragomeni of the Hamilton (Ontario) Spectator included our FAQs in her list of resources in an article on bed bugs in Hamilton (published April 29, 2008).
- On January 18, 2008, the New York Press Education blog mentioned our forums in an article on the Housing and Preservation Department’s Bed Bug Seminars.
- Bedbugger.com was also mentioned on SFist.com (December 21, 2007).
- Melissa Kirsch of New York Magazine said in an article about what to do if you have bed bugs (published on November 12, 2007):
Don’t terrify yourself with horror stories on the Internet; check informative sites like Bedbugger.com.
- Nicholas Brown mentioned Bedbugger in The Huffington Post (November 7, 2007)
- Albequerque Tribune / Scripps News (June 7, 2007)
- The Knoxville News Sentinel / Scripps News (June 5, 2007)
- Bedbugger.com was mentioned in the May 2007 National Geographic (in an article on bed bugs which appeared in the print version only).
- Apartment Therapy New York (April 24, 2007).
- Whoopi.com (Wake Up With Whoopi, April 10, 2007).
- Tampa Bay 10 (CBS affiliate WTSP, April 9, 2007)
- Site owner and creator Nobugs was interviewed and tips from Bedbugger.com were shared in the San Francisco Chronicle (April 8, 2007).
- The Pittsburgh Post Gazette (December 14, 2006)
- We were also part of the answer to a trivia question on 1015 The Point radio in Tampa, Florida. The page no longer exists on the radio station’s website, but here it is courtesy of The Wayback Machine Internet Archive (8/2007).
- Bedbugger.com was also mentioned with some disdain in the Village Voice (December 12,2006) and on cruel.com (April 9, 2007), but we’re not bothered.