Bedbugger.com is pleased to announce another giveaway! This isn’t our usual contest, however. Please read the information below carefully and follow the instructions to enter.
Bed Bugs Limited in London (UK) have developed a new version of the Passive monitor which is called a Passive+ and they are asking for your help to collect some field data on the effectiveness of the product in both detecting and eradicating bedbugs. The drawing is open to anyone who either currently suspects a bedbug infestation or is currently suffering with bed bugs.
Simply post a single comment on this blog entry (below) and we will randomly choose 12 commenters who will each receive the following free of charge:
- 1 x New Passive+ monitor to install for 14 days,
- 1 x replacement Passive monitor to leave in its place after the Passive+ has been removed,
- 1 x instructional information booklet about bedbugs including an activity log and feedback form which Bed Bugs Limited would like you to complete and post back to them.
In return for the prize, Bed Bugs Limited are asking that you return the Passive+ along with the diary and feedback after 14 days; they assure us that all information submitted and needed in order to send you this will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
The information pack outlines how the products can be used to help people in confirming bedbugs as well as details on how they can help helpful in reducing infestation numbers in confirmed bedbug cases through the process of monitor replacement.
I hope you will agree that this is a great opportunity to help in the development of an advanced version of this proven technology. The summarized results of the test will even be made available to all those who have participated although as previously stated all personal information will be removed and kept confidential.
At this stage entry to the contest is restricted to non-pest controllers as the firm is interested in the data that can be collected directly with occupiers. Bed Bugs Limited have however said that should any professional pest controllers be interested in trialling the technology, they should please get in touch via the Bed Bugs Limited website.
- You need to register for this site to enter the contest. If you have previously registered for the Bedbugger.com Forums or Bedbugger.com, please login before posting your comment. (Although we normally allow comments on blog posts without registering, this has been temporarily suspended due to the contest.) You must use a working email address to register or you will be disqualified (see the third point below). Bed Bugs Limited will use this email to get in touch with you. Click to login or register. And once logged in, please make sure the email address in your profile is one you use and check regularly.
- Please post one comment only below and don’t use this space to ask questions. Each comment is numbered. We’ll use these numbers to do a random drawing. For this reason it is essential that you post only once to this discussion. If you want to discuss the contest or ask questions of the site admin or David Cain from Bed Bugs Ltd., please do so in this forum thread. (Again, you can login on the forum with the same account you’re using here.) If you have technical problems or other questions about the website, you can use the contact form to get in touch with the site owner (nobugsonme).
- The drawing closes at 11 pm EST on January 27th, 2012 and is open to residents of the USA and Canada only. (Void where prohibited by law.)
- By commenting below and therefore entering this contest, you agree that if your entry is drawn, I (nobugsonme, site owner) have your permission to give the email address listed in your user account to David Cain of Bed Bugs Limited and his agents, so they can arrange for shipment of the monitors and information. We will not announce the list of 12 winners. However, winners will receive an email letting them know they have won. You will need to respond promptly to the email and follow instructions listed there in order to participate.
- Bedbugger.com has agreed to host this giveaway which will hopefully help some of you find out if you (still) have bed bugs, and which will hopefully help Bed Bugs Limited develop this new version of their Passive technology. That’s pretty much where the involvement of the website ends. We hope this giveaway goes as planned but reserve the right to cancel it or change the details if necessary.
Update (1/28 at 1 pm): the 12 winning emails have been passed on to David Cain.
(2/3/2012 at 6 pm): It’s not quite over yet. David contacted 12 winners earlier in the week. One did not respond and two others were PMPs (therefore disqualified) three additional emails (of people whose numbers were chosen as alternates) were passed on to David Cain and will now be contacted (check your emails over the next day or so). In case any of those folks don’t respond to their emails or are disqualified, I have one more alternate, and we can draw even more names if it comes to it.