We are so glad to hear New York’s Bed Bug Advisory Board has finally been filled with appointees, and they will be meeting this week.
The Mayor’s Appointees are:
- Gil M. Bloom, Vice President, Standard Pest Management Company;
- Richard A. Cooper, Technical Director, Cooper Pest Solutions;
- Jody L. Gangloff-Kaufmann, Ph.D., Community IPM Extension Area Educator, New York State Integrated Pest Management Program, Cornell/Farmingdale State College.
- Mr. Ray López, Environmental Program Manager at LSA Family Health Service, Inc., East Harlem, NY;
- Ms. Renee Corea of New York vs Bed Bugs.
The board will also contain a slew of representatives of various city agencies.
The board’s charge, Renee Corea reminds us, is to
“make specific recommendations to the mayor and council for the prevention and treatment of bed bug infestations throughout the city,” in the words of the bill creating this advisory board (click to download Word doc here).
Now, finally, some of people who are best able to make those recommendations, are going to be given a chance to do so.
The Board’s roster is fabulous!
We wish them well and hope they’re able to give all of us in New York City some serious help with the bed bug problem.
And soon, please!