Video of bed bugs including nymphs walking and feeding on humans

by nobugsonme on February 26, 2009 · 7 comments

in bed bug bites, bed bugs

Note: I am republishing this with a new link, since the video was moved. It works now!

Warning: this will be distressing to many suffering from bed bugs.

But there is some really excellent footage here of bed bugs feeding on humans (in an obviously staged setting).

In particular, I don’t think I have seen such detailed footage of unfed nymphs walking on a person’s hand and fingers before feeding, and of bed bugs emitting waste directly after feeding.

Gross, but with decidedly educational content. I am impressed.

The music is another matter — but then I am not sure what the ideal music is for this kind of footage.

Apparently it is from the folks at the Italian PESTFORUM. The filmmaker was Franco Casini and the cameraman was Fabio Vitillo.

Thanks to EffeCi for sharing this!

1 BrooklynNurse February 27, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Omg, I didn’t know those bastards sh*t on you after they have fed!!! Now I’m definitely traumatized that is disgusting.

2 Renee March 8, 2009 at 12:46 am

That was pretty neat, actually.

3 nobugsonme March 8, 2009 at 3:32 am

Feels funny to say so, huh? But very nicely done. I have some more stuff Franco has shared, and will post it soon.

4 dionn May 2, 2010 at 1:04 am

well i was just laying in bed just now and i saw this nasty bug crawling on me and i was like ewwww mom there is bed bugs we had learnd by my freand what they look like they had them so i was like mom there is bed bugs and she was like no its not u have been out side and it was probloy just got on you so i look more and i look at my bed and i see a whole bunch so i go get my mom and she told me to get on and look them up and shur anough it was and she was mad and now she is scared to go to bed lol smao lol

5 nobugsonme May 3, 2010 at 12:28 am

I am sorry you have bed bugs. Please encourage your mom to get good assistance with this from someone with experience killing bed bugs. They can be hard to get rid of.

6 CrazyBugLady July 20, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I’ve been fighting these things for a few months. Lately I don’t see any of the tell tale signs, like the excrement or blood spots in our beds. My husband gets bitten a lot anyway. I don’t. I know this is common. So, like – what’s up? I wonder if they just know they can’t us when we’re in bed and just get us during the day. Damned things. I know more about them than I ever wanted to.

7 nobugsonme July 20, 2010 at 10:14 pm

Hi CrazyBugLady,

I suggest doing some work with detection (our FAQ on detection gives various ideas).

Please come to the forums if you would like to discuss this further and get feedback from more people.