Bed Bug Class in NYC: Weds., Nov. 14th

by nobugsonme on October 27, 2007 · 5 comments

in bed bug education, bed bugs, new york, queens, usa

Information on an upcoming event that should be of interest to landlords, apartment managers, social workers, and PCOs:

This course is ideal for pest control personnel, facility managers, building managers, tenant associations, social workers, or anyone concerned about bed bugs. Taught by industry professional and consultant Gil Bloom.

Bloom is well-known in bed bug circles, and his name comes up in a lot of the local news about the little vampires.

Bed Bugs: the New Vampires

With the turn of the century, bed bugs have emerged as an ever-incrasing pest. This course will cover identification, basic biology, ramifications, and control measures to deal with this loathsome creature of the night.

BUX – 511 Weds. Nov. 14, 2007 7:00 – 8:30 pm

Professionals can earn 1.5 NTSDEC credits in 7A and 8 (I am sure if you need these credits, you will know what that means!) The price is probably low, because it is at CUNY and is only a 1.5 hour course. Queensborough Community College is accessible by subway and bus from other parts of NYC, and I believe it is also close to the LIRR.

If you’re interested, there’s a form to sign up. You can call Queensborough Community College (CUNY) at 718-631-6343 for information, costs, and to sign up.

1 mangycur October 28, 2007 at 3:55 pm

are any forum people going to this –or do you have to be a professional facility owner or pco, etc. to attend?

2 nobugsonme October 28, 2007 at 11:55 pm

I think it would be geared at people with a professional interest in bed bugs.

3 parakeets October 29, 2007 at 10:10 am

I wish this were offered in Boston. I’d definitely go. If they let non-professionals in, I’d say people on this forum should go if they want. Many people here are very well educated in bedbugs through their readings and will be able to keep up with the lecture. I went to two bedbug conferences that were attended by pest management professionals and I was able to keep up with nearly everything or learn fast. We are graduates of the “College of Bedbug Knowledge.” Sadly, there are people here who seem to have known more about bedbugs than PCO’s who come to treat their apartments.

4 bugsux November 1, 2007 at 1:18 pm

Does anyone have more info on this or a link to the website

5 nobugsonme November 1, 2007 at 2:05 pm

The QCC continuing ed website is here (I googled it).
You can download a course catalog. There is no more information there–but this program is listed under “Professional Development” under classes about roaches, wasps, and the like, if that helps clarify things at all.