close up of bed bugs on mattress

by nobugsonme on August 8, 2007 · 9 comments

in bed bugs, photos of bed bug feces, photos of bed bugs

There is an adult bed bug on the right and a pale one on the left. Different instars between them plus eggs and fecal drops.
photo: L.Sorkin

To zoom, click photo, then “All Sizes,” then “Large.”

1 willow-the-wisp August 12, 2007 at 2:16 pm

I’m wondering what all the whitish, foamy looking stuff in this picture. (I’m not talking about the white shine/glare form the picture, near the top–but I’m referring to the “stuff” seen mostly on the bottom right-hand side of the picture all around the bed bug seen there.

Is it old, crushed egg casings? If not, then what is it?

2 hopelessnomo August 12, 2007 at 5:24 pm

Hi Willow!

Now you made me click on the large size of this awful picture! Could it be someone sprayed these lovely bugs with a contact killer and that is the residue? The other eggs don’t have stuff like that around them.

3 willow-the-wisp August 12, 2007 at 5:28 pm

could be, I never would have thought of that.
thanks Nomo!

4 michy September 26, 2008 at 11:41 am

OK so..i am freaking out. i have woken up recently with what you would think was a mesquito bite but i havent been outside barely to even get them and it wasnt making since so i came to conclusion imight have bed bugs…i researched a lil and than looked under my matress i saw a bug and i have like maybe 3 mites right now…that look basically mesquito bites and itch like them to..i think i caught on fast and i was woundern what to do!? how fast do they multiply?! do they sperad wherever you go throughout the house?! i dont want to sleep in my bed and keep getting bite!! HELP!

5 nobugsonme September 26, 2008 at 11:48 am

michy,
It is essential to get a sample identified to know if you have bed bugs.

If you see them in your bed, you need to pick up a sample on a piece of packing tape, if possible, and tape to a piece of white card or paper.

Do not move to another bed. You can spread them around the home. Read the FAQs and learn all you can: http://bedbugger.com/faqs/ and if you then have questions, come to the forums: http://bedbugger.com/forum/

6 KIMBERLY ULLOU January 28, 2010 at 10:16 am

W.T.F……..

7 PRISILA ALVARADO January 28, 2010 at 10:22 am

WHAT THAT IS BAD I MEAN WHY DO THEY DO THAT EVEN THOUGH WE DON’T DO ANYTHING TO THEM… WHY DO THEY EVEN DO THAT TO THEM… THE GOOD THING IS THAT I HAD NEVER HAVEN’T HAD A BIT ON ME OF ONE OF THOSE AND I DONT WANT ONE…EVEN THOUGH I DON’T LIKE THEM BECAUSE I HAVEN’T SEEN THEM…

8 Kennie July 20, 2010 at 7:37 am

early this morning, I looked my legs has been bitten marks and later I found the back front on mattress whiches spotted “black marks” thats a bedbugs, I removed all bedbugs about 20 to 40 thems, never I surprised about this alert in Montana also.
I had to clean and vaccum the carpet (where bed spotted “under the bed”) was mixes “bedbugs and dust mice bugs”.
The queen bed isnt mines and the apartment’s studio owner, I had to make report
about this bed a bedbuggers.
Any of questions about this in State of Montana which came here..bedbuggers.

9 nobugsonme July 20, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Hi Kennie,

If you have bed bugs, you need treatment. It sounds like you may have a substantial case. Do not assume that you were able to remove all of the bed bugs simply by cleaning and vacuuming. Usually many more are hiding away.

If you are renting, depending on local laws, it may be the landlord’s responsibility to pay for professional treatment.

Please come to the forums if you would like to discuss this further and get feedback from more people.