Important new page: photos of bed bugs, and signs of bed bugs

by nobugsonme on August 7, 2007 · 10 comments

in photos, photos of bed bug eggs, photos of bed bug feces, photos of bed bugs

I just compiled a new page, to pull together a lot of the best photos we have blogged in the past, of bed bugs, fed and unfed nymphs, eggs, cast skins, and feces. I wanted this to be easily accessible to our newcomers (“newbites”). But I hope everyone will have a look and recommend anything else you think should be included.

The link is in the menu above, so you can send people there. A special thanks to everyone who contributes photos, but especially Lou Sorkin–without Lou’s photos, there would be no such page.

Check it out!

1 James Buggles August 8, 2007 at 1:03 pm

Great job! Much improved. All you need now is a better close-up of a shed skin.

2 nobugsonme August 8, 2007 at 1:14 pm

Did you click on the linked one c/o Wikipedia? That’s the best I’ve seen. We can only link to it because of copyright.

3 ofallthebeds November 25, 2007 at 2:01 pm

Oh my… I haven’t surfed here in a while… I just say the pic I took against the penny… I still have that bug with me… I can’t seem to throw it out… It has been ded for months… but I feel I need to keep it. I may even buy it case to seal it in. Sounds sick… I know… but I just want to remember what they look like in person… just incase! Thanks for the new page with pics. Look fabulous.

4 nobugsonme November 26, 2007 at 2:07 am

Hi ofall,

It sounds like you are bed bug free for some time. That’s great!!!

Would you write me a success story? I can post it on the Success Stories page. Let me know!!!

5 Britney July 1, 2008 at 10:07 pm

Hi I am new to Brooklyn and I have been getting bites. At first i thought it was just mosquitoes because i saw a couple buzzing around. Then i thought the worst. BED BUGS! I recently tore apart my apartment and looked everywhere for them. I haven’t seen one but i did see a few bugs that had died. At first i thought they were bed bugs but my landlord assured me they weren’t but stated “but i’m not an expert”. Please help i don’t know what to look for. But my apartment has never been cleaner 🙂 Thank you!

6 nobugsonme July 2, 2008 at 1:22 am

This page should help:

Keep in mind that if you have seen mosquitoes buzzing around your home, it could be mosquitoes. Keep track of when new bites appear, where, and how long they last.

How long has this been going on?

7 Steph August 19, 2008 at 9:13 am

I found dead skin in my baseboard but there is only the shell of a bug body, no legs. Do bed bugs shed skin from their whole bodies? Also, what is the quality of the feces? I found 3 dry black specks under my pillow, but when I try to scratch them off, they smear.

8 nobugsonme August 19, 2008 at 11:47 pm

Please re-post your question at the forums.

You can also post a photo of the shell if you can take a macro (close-up) photo, and perhaps someone will be able to advise you.

9 yari December 2, 2009 at 10:00 pm

I have being experiencing bites for the past three weeks. At first it started with one bite on my arm. Then two days later I got another bite. As days went on I got two at a time or one at a time. some are red bumps and some are clear bumps but they both itch. my biggest bite was in my leg. the first 4 days it was itching now is still red but is going away. If I scratch them I start getting a mall whole and if I look close enough I could see a red dot of blood. By the next day it becomes a scab. On thanks giving day I did not get any new bites but that day I stayed home all day. The next day when I went back to work and came home I found another bite. I don’t know what is going on and I’m freaking out. I’m the only one that has been getting any bites. My boyfriend got bitten twice and my 5 month daughter once. I went to three different doctors and I got four different answers. the first one said spider bites. the second one said scabies or bed bugs and the third doctor said that both of the doctors where wrong and that it had to be flea bites. I have no pets but the people next door to me have about 5 cats that are on my yard all the time. sometimes they sit by my window and I have to have the window to my room close all the time. I don’t know what to do or who to believe. If someone out there could help me I would really appreciate it. I have a family of 10 and I have 5 rooms in my apartment. I really will not like for anyone else in my house to experience what I am experiencing. How could I find out what it is and how to avoid whatever it is to spread the rest of the family. If you have an answer I would like to hear it. Please e-mail me. Thank You.

10 Lisa Demonbreun February 1, 2010 at 8:09 pm

We have had the same situation in our house. Same as you 4 different diagnosis. It’s really freaking me and my family out. Did you find the problem?