Heavens, when will it end?

by nobugsonme on July 5, 2007 · 6 comments

in bed bugs

Looks like maybe San Francisco.
Looks like maybe a clean mattress, on a curb.

1 nightshirt July 5, 2007 at 12:26 pm

i see alot of furniture and household items on the curbs where i live and i assume they are infested nly because of my experience. i will not let me dog near it to sniff. but that is my paranoia. i dont htink every discarded item is infested.

2 Bugalina July 5, 2007 at 1:03 pm

I don’t know about that Nightshirt….I would put the odds that most are infested…We are living with a bug infestaton that is not being given the public awareness that it should be. Whenever I am in the City, which isn’t often now because of my paranoia, I walk across the street from any items left on the curb. Leaving any infested items curbside, should be addressed by the City government…Its a travesty that this is going ignored…Bloomberg should be ashamed of himself. His administration is contributing to the spread of an epidemic.

3 nobugsonme July 5, 2007 at 3:42 pm

I think you’re both right–not all mattresses are infested, but a lot are. I do think more mattresses are being tossed than in the past.

But actually what strikes me are not old and worn mattresses, which are likely to be discarded, but those that look shiny and new. The photo below has some very clean and new looking mattresses… there’s not a lot of reason to toss a new mattress, except for our old friend Mr. Bed Bug.

4 Bugalina July 6, 2007 at 3:55 pm

Nobugs that’s exactly right..The mattresses I have seen aren’t sagging or stained ..they all have looked in very good shape..PLEASE take note of this photo…A woman is standing stationary, and very close to the mattress. Someone’s car is parked only feet away from this mattress..The car owner will have to step very close to this mattress in order to enter the car….if this mattress is heavily infested it poses a “danger” of infestation to others…

5 OfAllTheBeds July 7, 2007 at 3:44 am

Yep, that is definitely SF. My neighborhood has had an influx of furniture on the bedside… COuld it be that things are worse in my immediate area? I should take pics of all of these. I have seen about 8 pieces of furniture abandoned in a 2 block radius… mostly beds! 🙁 SCARRY!

Parking is so hard here in SF… but I now give up spots when I see random furniture (even TVs!) discarded on the curb…. I just can’t do that to myself.

6 Bugalina July 7, 2007 at 8:46 am

ofallthebeds..You should take photos and put them on a Flickr acct. I think that these photos are very powerful..nobugs has said that if someone volunteers for photo postings that would be good…I am so not computer savvy so I am hesitant to volunteer but I really hope someone comes forth because these photos speak the truth about the devastation and the need for legislation…So please do take photos..and see if you can set up on Flickr…