comic (itch) relief

by nobugsonme on June 22, 2007 · 13 comments

in bed bugs, humor

A Mark Wilson (MARQUIL) cartoon from (September 28, 2006):

Mark Wilson's bed bug cartoon

1 Winston O. Buggy June 22, 2007 at 6:37 pm

Love it actually previously used it myself in a BB power point.
Too bad Gar Larson isn’t about as I’m sure he would be on point.

2 nobugsonme June 22, 2007 at 6:58 pm

Thanks for the comment, Winston!
I love it too.
What happened to Gary Larsen? I’d love to see a bed bug far side.

3 BBsBlow June 22, 2007 at 8:32 pm

Larson retired, but he did put out a new day by day calendar this year after an absence of a few years (I believe).

That cartoon hysterically…scarily…funny!

4 hymenoptera June 22, 2007 at 10:48 pm

Yes he has retired and is quite protective of his work, but
you can’t blame him as everyone was using it without credit
especially in the earlier days of “the web”. I imagine he
could re due the mosquito “Pull out pull out you’ve hit an artery”
for our little cimex buddies.

5 Mark Wilson June 23, 2007 at 7:47 am

Interesting comments on unauthorized www use of Gary Larson cartoons. Particularly as neither the poster of this copyrighted image (nobugsonme) nor Winston O. Buggy, who mentioned using it in a Power Point presentation, requested its use.

6 willow-the-wisp June 23, 2007 at 12:13 pm

This cartoon make me sort of itch

7 nobugsonme June 24, 2007 at 6:58 pm

Hi Mark,You do wonderful work!
I apologize—
I did not ask permission to blog your photo, but I did include a clear URL above it and a link to the source (your archives at, and the photo is itself linked to the page where you host it. I did not download the photo and am not hosting it myself. And I gave credit to the source (if your name had been prominent at that source, I would have named you as well as empirewire).
I understood that linking to a photo hosted on your site wasn’t violating your copyright. I have removed the link to the image. Alternatively, with your permission, I’ll put it back up.
Please let me know either in response to my email or a comment here which you’d prefer.

8 nobugsonme June 25, 2007 at 12:17 am

Note for those paying attention: Mark Wilson has kindly authorized me (via email) to keep the image up.

9 Winston O. Buggy June 25, 2007 at 2:38 pm

Greetings Mark, the image was used with credit in a free educational forum
in a general discussion of bedbugs a responses to them. I choose your
image along with another to portray response and reaction to the current
outbreak. I apologize and shall remove it immediately.

10 willow-the-wisp June 25, 2007 at 7:23 pm

Dear Winston,

… Imagine (in your mind) a bunch of hungry, angry kids, at the dinner table,

… There they all are … each one of them, pounding his or her silverware down upon the table into the wood yet in a grizzly-like waltz tempo:

Above this din,we hear the words they chant:

Where’s part three?
Where’s part three?
Where’s part three?

11 nobugsonme June 25, 2007 at 11:38 pm

Yeah, or to put it in bed bug terms, Willow had the breakfast and lunch, and he wants dinner!

12 willow-the-wisp June 26, 2007 at 8:15 pm

well said

13 willow-the-wisp July 20, 2007 at 11:59 pm

Getting back to itching and comic relief:
How are people in the miserable height of summer doing itch-wise?
I know when I lived in sweltering weather I’d get cranky and itchy all over anyway, whether I and any bug bites or nay. Now is a good time to take a cool shower, use an ice cube on welts too.