Bed bugs on NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, finally!

by nobugsonme on June 13, 2007 · 6 comments

in bed bug bites, bed bugs

Remember this? Well, somehow we all missed it when it finally aired on 5/29, but Winston pointed me to the archive.

This is the link to John Larsen’s story, and this is the link to a segment with University of California entomologist Gail Getty. Both very brief but worthwhile.

Highlights for me:

John Larsen reported on his own bed bug hotel story, where he received five bites on his leg.

Gail Getty reports on having found bed bugs in coffee pots and deodorant dispensers. (Can someone say “serious infestation”?!?)

1 BBsBlow June 13, 2007 at 1:18 pm

Had to laugh when he said dramatically how he got “five bites.” How many of us have gotten that in a night, repeatedly, for who knows how long? Still, I’m sure he realizes how lucky he was not to have brought them back with him.

Glad the story made it on air!

2 nyjammin June 13, 2007 at 6:08 pm

Is there any way to see this episode now? I was really looking forward to it when people were talking about it and am still!

3 nobugsonme June 13, 2007 at 11:41 pm

Anonymous, I think it was just the two segments I linked above. If it was more than that, I am sure someone will tell us.

By the way, since I’m the admin, I can see who you are (no one else can). Your login from the forums works here too. 🙂

4 nyjammin June 14, 2007 at 8:12 am

Nobugs, I was not trying to be anonymous, if that is what you were implying. Everytime I type it just says: “anonymous said”. I don’t know why my login name does not appear. Regards.

5 nobugsonme June 14, 2007 at 10:10 am

No, I was not trying to imply anything! I was just trying to help. I keep saying this, but nobody believes me: if I have something to say, I am pretty direct, so please take my words at face value!

Most people with accounts don’t want to be anonymous, so I figured you did not either. However, anonymous comments are very welcome.

If you want to login, try going to the “login” button at top right next time.

6 nyjammin June 15, 2007 at 8:31 am

Hey nobugs, no problem! The top right just says “logout”. I think I’m still logged in, but for some reason doesn’t show my name. And under where it says “leave a reply”, it says Logged in as…. and then there’s just a blank. So, my name is not showing up for some reason. I can understand about your directness. I’m a very defensive person by nature and sometimes I can come across as being, I dunno, a snot or always correcting people, etc. It’s just one of my faults. I could go on, but I don’t think this is the right place for that. And, how did you put a smiley face in there? Regards, from “you know who”!!