FAQ: How do I get in touch? Can I comment without giving my real name or email address?

by nobugsonme on December 6, 2006 · 9 comments

in FAQs, meta

This blog is a richer source of information, support, and activism, if you share your ideas and thoughts and questions too.

You have three options for commenting.

1. Register:

Go to “Meta” in the sidebar, click “Register.”

If you register, then when the forums are fixed in a few weeks, you can use your username and password there too. You need to use a real email address, but only the site owner (Nobugsonme) will see it, nobody else.

Don’t Register:

2/ You can use a real name or a nickname and your real email. Nobody will see your real email from the website, just the administrator, and I won’t use it unless we have a question. However, this option (ike registering) allows you to click a “subscribe” button when you leave a comment, and you’ll get follow-up emails when someone answers your question or responds.

3/ You can also use a fake name and a fake email. There’s no need to make up an email (see #1), but if it makes you feel better, feel free. Something like email@emailme.com. The downside here is you can’t get follow-up emails.

By the way, if you use a fake name, first name, nickname, whatever– please use it each time you visit. We’re able to have a conversation with “S” or “StillFighting” or “Sean” in a way we can’t have one with “anonymous” or with someone who changes their name with every visit. And we love having conversations with you! Also, consider using a name that does not start with a B or contain a variation of the word “bug”. The more creative you are, the easier it will be to remember you. 🙂

Thanks! And don’t be shy…

1 Still Fighting December 6, 2006 at 9:07 am

It’s true, folks! Can’t see me here!

2 nobugsonme December 6, 2006 at 3:34 pm

Right on, Still Fighting!
Thanks for your participation 🙂

3 Socheata December 8, 2006 at 10:37 am

My name is Socheata and I’m a journalist in New York. I’m interested in talking to anyone else who has had bed bug infestations. I’m working on a story about the bed bug infestation and the refurbished mattress industry. I can be emailed at sopoeuv@hotmail.com

4 nobugsonme December 8, 2006 at 8:32 pm

Hi Socheata,
Can you give us more information about the story you’re writing? You can reach me at nobugsonme at yahoo dot com.

5 Jana January 3, 2007 at 11:20 pm

After one year- I know- is not possible to kill them..
I did everything..
now I looking for doktor who can help me.
Where can I reach him??
My life is upsaiddown.
I feel bedbugs everywhere- even in my mouth…

6 Jana January 3, 2007 at 11:21 pm

7 nobugsonme January 4, 2007 at 10:53 am

Hi Jana,
I am so sorry — that sounds terrible.
If the bed bugs are that bad you need to make sure they’re professionally treated. You should also see an MD. If you have an internal medicine doctor, make sure you see him or her. And collect evidence of the bugs so that you can show these to the doctor.

8 Fedupandparanoid March 25, 2007 at 5:24 pm

We live in England and have had a problem with bed bugs since our daughter came back in September from a heavily infested hostel in Amsterdam. Unfortunately we didn’t know what was biting us and only identified it as bed bugs about a month or so ago. (by this time she was travelling again so wasn’t here to identify them) Have had the council in to spray twice in one room and then found after that ,they were in another bedroom so had that sprayed too and now have a specialist firm coming this week. In the meantime can anyone tell me 1) is there any effective insect repellent for use on the face especially while you are waiting for the eggs etc to hatch between visits. I keep getting bites on my face which is very embarassing. 2) Is my rather hairy terrier dog likely to be spreading them from room to room and if so what can I treat her with – flea shampoo possibly? 3) Any suggestions for how to treat clothes if you don’t possess a clothes dryer or have access to one? The council just told me to wash any bedding normally but reading other posts drying seems to be recommended. Thanks

9 nobugsonme March 25, 2007 at 9:41 pm

HI Fedup, please copy your post and click “Get advice” in the top menubar, and follow the instructions to post this under “Tales of Woe”–a spot set aside for Questions and Answers. You’ll get more feedback there. Thanks!