Glasgow’s Evening Times reports that a woman was told by her doctor to flee her bed bug-infested rented flat in the city’s Govanhill neighborhood, and was as a result homeless due to bed bugs:
The woman, who asked not to be named, was bitten from head to foot by the parasites and sought medical attention.
Doctors told her to flee the flat which she rented from property firm GSL Lettings. [click to continue…]
A new study by researchers at Simon Fraser University details the identification of all six components of bed bug aggregation pheromone. This is exciting news, as it may lead to the development of more effective active bed bug monitors.
The study, led by Regine Gries, Gerhard J. Gries, and Robert Britton, is forthcoming in the journal Angewandte Chemie and appeared online as an early preview Sunday. [click to continue…]
According to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, as of 10/8/14, PAB Two has recalled about 1700 units of its Thermalstrike Expedition model bed bug treatment system due to a fire hazard:
PAB Two has received four reports of the flexible, electrical conducting strip breaking, including one report of a fire in a unit and three reports of units sparking. No injuries or significant property damage were reported.
[click to continue…]
It’s that time of year, folks, bed bug season!
Sure, bed bugs happen year round, but they do tend to multiply and spread a bit more quickly in the warmer months, due to various factors. This means the pest management professionals are busy, and the consumers are too-often itchy (and hot, which makes itching worse).
Add in the fact that summer can be a slow time for news, which means the media is doing everything it can to report bed bug stories. If the local news haven’t got any hot bed bug stories, they will sometimes try and come up with something anyway. [click to continue…]